Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated video-splitting program?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have some long videos I'd like to upload to Youtube. Obviously, I need to split them into 10 minute segment. Is there any good program that does this? When I check the reviews of some common ones (Easy Video Splitter, Boilsoft), I notice they get poor reviews due to various reason (the quality of the output is poor, audio/video sync problems).

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

used to use aviDemux back in the day and it was very good. you set a bunch of markers 1,2,3 etc then copy them. It'll leave the original as is and just copy selected parts. Supports pretty much any format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

... or you could do yourself a favour and spend a few quid on a pro youtube account, thereby losing the restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

oceanclub wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have some long videos I'd like to upload to Youtube. Obviously, I need to split them into 10 minute segment. Is there any good program that does this? When I check the reviews of some common ones (Easy Video Splitter, Boilsoft), I notice they get poor reviews due to various reason (the quality of the output is poor, audio/video sync problems).

P.

You should look at google's picassa. upload function also direct to youtube. :D

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106195

Advertisement