Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB plug

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Unfortunetly, I've got dozens of places to plug in a USB cable... it's more of the micro-usb cables I need.

Is there any [good] reason they didn't just use the good ol' mini-usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭dragona

Goodshape wrote: »
    Unfortunetly, I've got dozens of places to plug in a USB cable... it's more of the micro-usb cables I need.

Is there any [good] reason they didn't just use the good ol' mini-usb?

Don't know.....maybe to keep the phone as thin as it is? I think the actual micro usb cables are easy enough to get, and cheap as chips too, the plug is great for me as I can have one supplied upstairs and now one downstairs too - I find the phone charges more quickly via the mains than with the usb on my laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

dragona wrote: »
    Don't know.....maybe to keep the phone as thin as it is? I think the actual micro usb cables are easy enough to get, and cheap as chips too, the plug is great for me as I can have one supplied upstairs and now one downstairs too - I find the phone charges more quickly via the mains than with the usb on my laptop!

Micro USB is the new standard all phones will use by next year, so an end to drawers full of old chargers.

Ordered a couple of these on ebay - just waiting for them to arrive. Handy for a pocket or bag.

Advertisement