Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car detailing business

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering if anyone would be interseted in a good car detailing business idea i.e paint restoration, pro polishing, lethear repairs,windcsreen repairs,scratch removals,alloy repairs.
    looking into this for awhile now. i have the relevant experience just need to get a premises ideally in a shopping mall carpk.
    any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

DO you mean you are looking for a business partner or are you just wondering what the market is like?

Would you be doing proper detailing or the very poor level of valeting that the majority if shopping centre car clean outlets get up to ? The latter I imagine as there is would be no demand for the former in shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

If you're going to do 'detailing' there is no way a shopping car park is the right place to do it. To properly correct paint on an average car takes at least two days to do properly... nobody will leave their car to go shopping and be without it for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lexluther

Hi folks, i suppose im talking about wheter i should do valets in a car pk etc or star up a mobile smart repair business, i have experience in both.
    just looking for advice and if anyone was thinking about setting either of the above up, hows it going for you?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

discussed here before by a boardsie look up old threads. M3 on it i think

http://detailer.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Not the greatest time to set up a business like this tbh, any of the car valeters around my area have shut up shop, people aren't even getting things fixed on there cars from what I can see around, loads of newish cars driving around with long term damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Fair play & good luck with your business idea. If nobody has taken over from Beacon Valeting in Beacon South Quarter Sandyford, you have the ideal home! 3 or 4 covered "bays", an office & waiting room and plenty of parking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Paintdoctor on here might be worth a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I set up last year and it's hard grafting
    insurance' paying your own prsi and vat
    it's not easy but if it's what you enjoy doing
    best of luck
    if your looking for quick cash then it's not that type of business
    i'm not doing full details this year just running a car wash with detailing products
    I have weekly customers that know my name and a there every week without fail
    just don't slack on any car use the right products and
    most of all give people good advice.
    Word of mouth is your advertisment
    so just do a good job and you'll make it .

Advertisement