Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hunt is on!!!

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Right so lads i have my car sold & the fella thats buying her is collecting on friday so i need to get my hands on another car.
    Looking for a decent mazda 626 diesel or toyota avensis d4d for around 2500 euro.
    There are a few advertised cars out there but when i phone im told the car is sold so im getting a little anxious now. I'l literally be without wheels at the end of this week!!!:eek::eek: so if anyone knows of anybody selling either of these cars let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well avoid the mazda like the plague for a start!

Not many avensises (sp) going for that money either tbh. I was looking recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Max Power1 wrote: »

whats wrong with mazda's? 626 was a well built quality car...might not look the best but their a good deal...id sooner go with mazda 626 more ride comfort too

• Registered Users Posts: 65,005 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Don't get the Mazda 6 diesel! Junk!!!

PM galwaytt, he'll come on here with an almighty rant about his :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

whats wrong with mazda's? 626 was a well built quality car...might not look the best but their a good deal...id sooner go with mazda 626 more ride comfort too

Especially the diesels, stay WELL clear. I cant believe someone just used the words "well built quality car" and "Mazda" in the same sentence!

The mazda wont last past 80k miles, a good avensis (especially the earlier ones, up to early 2000 builds, with the carina engines) will get you north of 300-400 k easily if maintained

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Especially the diesels, stay WELL clear. I cant believe someone just used the words "well built quality car" and "Mazda" in the same sentence!

The mazda wont last past 80k miles, a good avensis (especially the earlier ones, up to earl 200 builds, with the carina engines) will get you north of 300-400 k easily if maintained

right my ex boss had a 626 but not diesel the 1.8 petrol 120k miles...i knew he has that car for over 5 years and we never brought it into the garage to fix it...just the usual service...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

626 and 6 have different engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

colm do you still have the avensis???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I certainly do.

PM sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    626 and 6 have different engines.

+1

The diesel engine in the 626 is old school and a non common rail unit. Not to be confused with the common rail unit found in the 6 which suffers from injector failure.

Advertisement