Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing from Alloys to normal wheels

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Had a bad blow out on the M50 today. Bloody tyre blew at 80kph. Scary stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt and we just missed the barrier. The car, a peugeot 206 (2000) had alloys which I hated for many reasons.

Now that I've to get one wheel replaced I want to get them all done.
    Is there much involved? or is it just a standard thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Had a bad blow out on the M50 today. Bloody tyre blew at 80kph. Scary stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt and we just missed the barrier. The car, a peugeot 206 (2000) had alloys which I hated for many reasons.

Now that I've to get one wheel replaced I want to get them all done.
    Is there much involved? or is it just a standard thing?

standard .......

and cheaper...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you can get steel rims the same diameter as your alloy, you'll be able to have the 3 good tyres swapped over from the Alloys.

If they are OEM wheels and in good condition, it might be worth checking with a Pug dealer if he'll do a swap. If they are knackered or aftermarket, then a scrapyard is probably your best bet for steelies.

Advertisement