Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trailer

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new to me trailer within the next 6 weeks or so. It needs to be no more than 5.5 feet wide and between 10 to12 feet long (5.5 x 12 with twin axel is ideal) with the high mesh creals. What should I not buy? or what should I look for? It will be behind a landrover 70% on road but 30% in bog or rough tracks. Of course I want one as cheap as I can get so hopefully no more than 1500 euro any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

O.A.P wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a new to me trailer within the next 6 weeks or so. It needs to be no more than 5.5 feet wide and between 10 to12 feet long (5.5 x 12 with twin axel is ideal) with the high mesh creals. What should I not buy? or what should I look for? It will be behind a landrover 70% on road but 30% in bog or rough tracks. Of course I want one as cheap as I can get so hopefully no more than 1500 euro any advice?

an ifor williams or nugent.
    the nugent are stronger than the williams but not as well finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I bought a Hudson 12 x 6"6 off donedeal a few months back for €1350. It was 4 years old, had the original tyres on it (in perfect shape) and the guy only used it for moving around a rideon mower after a small tractor and bringing some grass. Its very easy pulled after an L200. It has ramps and high side mesh. ( I brought a MF 168 for 70 miles on it last weekend with no bother). It was one of the best bargains I ever got.

However, seeing as it has wheels underneath, they are not very high an the suspension is quite low to the ground. Its grand for rough tracks, but I suspect that in the bog, it might sit on the axels with a load on it and you woul have to take off the load to get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

reilig wrote: »
    I bought a Hudson 12 x 6"6 off donedeal a few months back for €1350. It was 4 years old, had the original tyres on it (in perfect shape) and the guy only used it for moving around a rideon mower after a small tractor and bringing some grass. Its very easy pulled after an L200. It has ramps and high side mesh. ( I brought a MF 168 for 70 miles on it last weekend with no bother). It was one of the best bargains I ever got.

However, seeing as it has wheels underneath, they are not very high an the suspension is quite low to the ground. Its grand for rough tracks, but I suspect that in the bog, it might sit on the axels with a load on it and you woul have to take off the load to get it out.
    I have been looking at Donedeal every evening for a month and they seem to be very expensive or cheap but falling apart. I know that they are very low for bog work, I might get away with half filling it and then parking it on the road and topping it up with a smaller trailer. I'll give you 1360 for your one ,what do you think:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

O.A.P wrote: »
    I have been looking at Donedeal every evening for a month and they seem to be very expensive or cheap but falling apart. I know that they are very low for bog work, I might get away with half filling it and then parking it on the road and topping it up with a smaller trailer. I'll give you 1360 for your one ,what do you think:D

I recon its worth €2500 at least :)

Advertisement