Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying cars on carzone

Options
  • 02-05-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

How much would you think you can realistically knock off the price quoted on car zone for cars from 2007 - 2010 when buying for cash? Iam presuming the garages add a certain amount for them to drop the price!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Cash paying for a new-ish car? Did you rob a bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mark2000ie wrote: »
    How much would you think you can realistically knock off the price quoted on car zone for cars from 2007 - 2010 when buying for cash? Iam presuming the garages add a certain amount for them to drop the price!
    Max_Damage wrote: »
    Cash paying for a new-ish car? Did you rob a bank?

a stupid question and a silly answer,

there is no answer, depends on what you want to buy, who is selling it and whether or not the asking price is reasonable in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

When I was looking there a while back I found that I could get ~10% off carzone prices with a cash offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I had a customer who was looking at a Golf from me, but wouldn't buy it unless I gave him 10% discount, even though our car was cheapest on the 'net, like-for-like, by €1k.

He refused to accept that, and kept on with the line that "the industry's on it's knees, I need 10% off your price", until I shook his hand and told him that I regretfully didn't have time to continue the conversation any more.

Pick your car, compare it to other similar cars for sale, find out what the competition are selling their car for and that's your price. If the seller is asking for more than their neighbour, don't be afraid to point this out.

Don't worry about the whole "I'm buying for cash" thing, it's a red herring. Whether you're paying by cash, draft, cheque or electronic transfer it doesn't make a difference.
    Dealers get commission from their finance providers, so often you'll get a better price if you're doing finance with them than if you're buying straight. That being said, you're paying for it either way.... :p

Post a link to the car and we'll tell you if we think it's priced correctly.

Advertisement