Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electic water pump

• 02-05-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hiya!

We're looking for an electric water pump for our well, but we have no idea where to get one or what to get.

The cottage is small only two beds and we will have 5 radiators.

Any info appreciated we are in Co. Limerick.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meercat

your well pump and your radiator pump are different units.can you give more details of what exactly you require.cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

hi meercat

I mention the radiators because the heating will be running from a wood burning stove that can heat up to 10 radiators we will only have 5.

We just need to know what kind of weel pump to get, the pump house is just outside the back door, but the weel is about 100m deep.

Don't know if this helps you at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

From what you say,you need a submersible pump for the well

And a circulating pump for the rads.

Thank you wing52 :)

For the weel.

How does one go about's finding the right one, we've looked on the internet but there are so many different types and sizes, how do i check for what we need?

Also any ideas of where to get one somewhere close to limerick?

All we found so far is companies that drill weels, I contacted a couple of them but they want to come test the water, install filters do this and that, all we need for now is water for the refurbishing work not drinking water so we just need to get a pump going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meercat

This is not a diy job. You may be better looking up a local plumber/well man to sort you out. Cheers

• Advertisement

Thanks meercat if I could afford that I would.

In any case there was a pump there before but it was stolen, all it needs is another one and all we need to know is what type of pump and size of pump to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

tudlytops wrote: »
    Thanks meercat if I could afford that I would.

In any case there was a pump there before but it was stolen, all it needs is another one and all we need to know is what type of pump and size of pump to go for.

The size of the pump is dependent on a couple of different things. A company in ballymount called NJ power might give you advice on the size of the pump however I question your wisdom. You would not be able to plumb this yourself and a plumber with trade discount will actually but this about 15-20% less than you. At an adverage price of 400 euro for a good pump that equates to a 60 -80 euro saving which is half the price for the plumber. With the plumbers tools and fittings you are not going to save much doing this yourself.

Thanks Joey the lips

All the plumbing is done in the house its just that the place was empty for sometime and the pump was stolen, so all it takes is knowing witch pump to buy.

For now we just need it working as the house as a couple of rooms that need new cement floors put in etc, without water it can't be done.

Also you would be surprised, so far we have fitted the kitchen adapted from 2 small kitchens we got free, done all electric work only paid an electrician to check and pass it, laid a drive way, knocked down a porch, fix a shed roof, opened up to fire places, done a lot of the insulation, etc and all of it by asking, researching and working with whatever materials we can get.

At the moment we just don't have the money for professionals, once we know how much the pump will cost we have to wait and save for it, €80 right now is a lot of money

I will check that company, thanks

Advertisement