Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords to Airport on foot

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone walked from Swords to the Airport and how long it took them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Larianne wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering has anyone walked from Swords to the Airport and how long it took them?

Thanks!

Suppose about 45 mins, and no, i've yet to partake in that pleasure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyrot

Took me 40 minutes to walk from the airport to Boroimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

tommyrot wrote: »
    Took me 40 minutes to walk from the airport to Boroimhe.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Done it many years ago but it wasa few steps forward few to the side........ Its a decent walk. Iv seen a few do it from Swords who work in Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Tis a fair walk alright. The worst part is getting out of the airport. After that it's about 20 mins from the roundabout on swords rd to the travelodge roundabout. Then of course wherever you're going after that.

However if you're dragging two weeks luggage with you add about half the time again on to that :(

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

id say 40 mins to boroimhe, upto an hour to the village. and the top of it at that.

tis a walk im sure more people would partake in if it wasnt alongisde such a major road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Yeah about 35 minutes from the airport terminal to Swords roundabout. Easy walk.

Bunch of wimmen in here.
    I walked from Dublin to Swords once in the snow years ago ... no cars, buses or taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

As Táck rightly says, it's actually quite a pleasant walk (unless you live on the totally opposite side of swords). It's usually nighttime whenever I've done it and there's feck all traffic :cool:

So OP have you given it a shot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I didn't do it in the end. I got a lift into town. :D I needed to get into town early on a Sunday morning. No buses from Swords until 7.30!

I've also walked from town (The Point) back to Swords! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sounds almost worth doing on the way back to avoid having to deal with moany taxi driver complaining that you live too close to the airport.

• Advertisement

Sounds almost worth doing on the way back to avoid having to deal with moany taxi driver complaining that you live too close to the airport.

Luckily I have not had to deal with a taxi driver moaning about this. If I did, I would eat him out of it!!! I swear! I'd report him too! FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd get it pretty much 9 times out of 10 due to living in Coolock/Artane.

A row is the last thing you want when you get off a long flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Larianne wrote: »
    I didn't do it in the end. I got a lift into town. :D I needed to get into town early on a Sunday morning. No buses from Swords until 7.30!

I've also walked from town (The Point) back to Swords! :P

:eek: I walked from town(camden st) to whitehall church and gave up and got a taxi

:eek: I walked from town(camden st) to whitehall church and gave up and got a taxi

I was young and stupid. I got home in about 3 hours I think. We took rests. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

it's about a 20- 25 min walk

HB, do you mind closing this thread? I got my info. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement