Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Cordoba Bonnet Flew Open - Repair Cost?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

The bonnet of my seat cordoba 06 flew open this afternoon, while driving at 60kmh destroying my windscreen and badly denting my bonnet, there is also a slight dent on the roof, just above the windscreen. Thank God everybody is ok, which is the main thing. However I'm now in a right tizzy wondering how much this is going to cost to repair, any one have any idea? I have windscreen cover, so that will take care of the windscreen, but the bonnet, I suspect will be an expensive repair, don’t want to claim on my insurance, not even sure if it would cover it, in any event, but certainly don’t want to lose my no claims bonus.
    Do any of you have any experience of the cost of this kind of repair with this or similar kind of car? Any advice very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seatowner

Bump!!! I really need some advice. As a woman I've no idea what to expect and I'm tired of being over charged for anything like this. Again I'd appreciate any advice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

can you post up a picture, i know a couple people that have had this happen, one or 2 had the cars scrapped by the insurance company as roof damage is not something they like "repairing" as its a major structural part of a car. Post up pics if you can to give us a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Deoending on how bad the damage to the roof is it could cost over a grand.Windscreen would be free off your insurance,bonnet price depends if you go to main dealer( expensive)or get one off your local motor factors.You will need new hinges too.Then its paint and labour after that.The hardest part will be repairing the roof,as the roofcloth will have to be taken down and the dent tapped back out,filled and the whole roof will need to be painted (unless the dent is very small and doesnt crack the paint).You could try one of the big breakers up north for a 2nd hand bonnet if you want to keep costs down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd be getting on to Seat asking wtf if it was a manufacturing defect that caused it to swing open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I think the manufacturer could be liable for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement