Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday

Options
  • 02-05-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Anybody know what the story is with access to the college tomorrow? I know the Librarys will be closed but will we still have swipe access in particular to the hamilton and the computer rooms??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Anybody know what the story is with access to the college tomorrow? I know the Librarys will be closed but will we still have swipe access in particular to the hamilton and the computer rooms??

24 hour study space is open, so yeah, anywhere with swipe cards will be open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

24 hour study space is open, so yeah, anywhere with swipe cards will be open.

Brilliant thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Which entrance do you use if you are going in early in the morning? Which one will be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Larianne wrote: »
    Which entrance do you use if you are going in early in the morning? Which one will be open?

You can swipe in through Pearse Street. I'd say you could walk in through Lincoln Place too but I'm not sure.

Mark200 wrote: »
    You can swipe in through Pearse Street. I'd say you could walk in through Lincoln Place too but I'm not sure.

But is that not locked some times? I went that way one Saturday morning at 8.50 and it was locked. Will try anyway or head around Lincoln Place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

But is that not locked some times? I went that way one Saturday morning at 8.50 and it was locked. Will try anyway or head around Lincoln Place.

Maybe you're talking about a different one, I just checked the tcd website:

http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/access-times.php

According to that Lincoln Place, Pearse Street (the one not opposite the Garda Station) and Nassau Street are 24 hour access.

Mark200 wrote: »
    Maybe you're talking about a different one, I just checked the tcd website:

http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/access-times.php

According to that Lincoln Place, Pearse Street (the one not opposite the Garda Station) and Nassau Street are 24 hour access.

The entrance at the gym? No, that gate was definitely locked shut. Bar was across. Anyways, I'll go Lincoln Place. Thanks!

The entrance at the gym? No, that gate was definitely locked shut. Bar was across. Anyways, I'll go Lincoln Place. Thanks!

The one between the gym/science gallery? The small gate usually opens with the swipe for me. Find out tomorrow :P

The one between the gym/science gallery? The small gate usually opens with the swipe for me. Find out tomorrow :P

Yes, same with me, but this one Saturday morning the lock was locked!!! So swipey didn't matter!

Pearse gates and the hamilton were both open. Didn't even need a swipe.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Heh, so I hear the 24 hour library was completely full by 7.30.

Quite glad I stuck my alarm clock on snooze several million times this morning anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yay I have an exam tomorrow. Going to find somewhere to study in college, so help me god...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Yay I have an exam tomorrow. Going to find somewhere to study in college, so help me god...
    DUCSS room, yeah?

(As an aside about the Pearse street gate: you can stick your hand through the railings and swipe yourself "out" to get in - this has never failed me)

snappieT wrote: »
    (As an aside about the Pearse street gate: you can stick your hand through the railings and swipe yourself "out" to get in - this has never failed me)

For the last time: that's not gonna help ya if the bar is across the lock. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

snappieT wrote: »
    DUCSS room, yeah?
    Never DUCSS room.

Got slightly screwed over by the bank holiday and the no-commons/food anywhere available on campus thing, but at least there was space in the maths department to study...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

For the last time: that's not gonna help ya if the bar is across the lock. :rolleyes:

Oh wow, I've never seen that before. I stand corrected.

Advertisement