Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a kitten in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I would love to have a kitten but cannot find out where to go -
    Have tried DSPCA and various vets, sanctuaries, etc but no kittens available!
    Willing to adopt or buy.
    Any clues?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

I will pm you the number of a lady I know who rescues cats and kittens.
    She is in the Shankill/Bray area
    Thanks
    Eibhin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Jessica C

Thanks very much Eibhin, I will try her after the long weekend.
    Ps Im such a Newbie that I had to Google "pm"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

:) Sorry! I should have noticed you were new! Been there done that!

I would say ring her tomorrow because in the life of looking after animals there is no bank holiday! She will be glad to hear from you and tell her I sent you! She does amazing work and looks after many cats that otherwise would be put to sleep. She also tries to trap and neuter feral cats. I have got gorgeous kittens from her in the past. And if you aren't 100% sure about a certain kitten she won't mind at all and will wait till she has more to show you. All she is concerned about is getting the right home for the cats.Sorry just remembered also www.ashanimalrescue.ie in wicklow...they are friends of mine and I know they are swamped with cats at the moment. They might have kittens. Give them a buzz and if you get the answering machine ring back 'cos they are up to their eyes. Their place is a bit of a trek (Wicklow) but worth it.
    Let me know how you get on!

E

Perfect, will do! Will also let you know how I get on - thanks again for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 april99

Hi Jessica, I know that DSPCA will put your name on a waiting list for kittens which are due to be old enough to be adopted from 1st June. They will email you back once they're ready to find new good homes. Also Cat's Aid, another great cat charity, may be worth a look. You can view available cats & kittens on their website. As they don't have a sancturary, all cats are cared for in foster homes, so should be well socailised by the time they are ready for adoption . Best of luck, hope you are successful with your search!
    April.

• Advertisement

Ok will hold out for SPCA and try Cats Aid too - many thanks for your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

HI Jessica,

I know it's a long way off and you may have found your kitten but we adoped ours from Ash in Wicklow. Lovely people and they had kittens, you can check their website.

One bit of advise - get pet insurance!

Good luck!

Advertisement