Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to set up a wireless home printer - via router

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi.

I am wondering how to setup a home network printer.

This is the situation as is:

I have a 3g wireless router (Edimax 6200n) that can act as a printer server. (well thats what the box says)
    I dont currently have the o2 3g wireless broadband pen connected to the router because apparantly the router can act either as a wireless internet router or a wireless printer server - not both simultaneously.

So anyways, the printer I have is a canon MP272. It is connected via usb to the router.
    (I have the o2 3g broadband stick connected to my computer directly via usb)
    I am running windows xp on my laptop.

I understand that setting up a home wireless printer can be tricky business, and as i am a newbie to this whole 'home networking' stuff, I would be very greatful if you could give me a step by step guide on this or if you could point me in the right direction to where i may be able to find such info.

Thank you.

DJT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Just thinking there a sec, i suppose u could install the software on your main pc, and then access your printer remotely by going Print > Network > Printer name.. Thats one way..

Honestly i cant think of any other ways i would do that. Consult your printer manual for best support.
    If you got any questions, just ask me!
    Have a nice day!

Advertisement