Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 / 06 ford focus diesel

Options
  • 02-05-2010 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi looking at buying a ford focus 1.6 diesel hatch back, would any one have any feed back on this make of car ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

i have one for the past 2 years and i haven't had a bit of trouble with it. excellent economy, one thing i would say is try to get the 110 bhp one and not the 90 bhp one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

power steering pumps give trouble, its the pipe between rack and pump leaks, not bad to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

power steering pumps give trouble, its the pipe between rack and pump leaks, not bad to do.
    Not with this one mate, thats only with the 1.4 and 1.6 zetec engines, its not the pump but that pipe.
    Them 1.6 diesels are trouble free only the intercooler pipe leaks a bit of oil other than that there class.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

Plug wrote: »
    Not with this one mate, thats only with the 1.4 and 1.6 zetec engines, its not the pump but that pipe.
    Them 1.6 diesels are trouble free only the intercooler pipe leaks a bit of oil other than that there class.

like i said the pipe between the pump and rack leaks, the diesels give trouble on the intercooler pipe leaking oil alri.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had one of these for 2 years, the only issue I had was with the boot lock that had to be replaced due to water leaking into it and shorting it out, a known issue which was fixed from 07 onwards afaik.

Try and get the 110bhp version, most basic LX models and Zetec models came with the 90bhp version. Ghia (which I had) and Titanium models had the 110bhp version and have pretty decent spec for the money. Good fuel economy with 50mpg or more and it is nippy enough in the Focus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement