Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE scheme and rent allowance

Options
  • 02-05-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

I am currently doing a CE scheme, and as expected €50 a week was deducted from my social welfare payment (disability allowance). I was also in receipt of rent allowance of €55 a week, and that has been cut completely, without any advance warning. Its costing me approximately €40 a week to work in petrol expenses and I really feel like Im worse off financially than before.

I am enjoying my new job and I know its great experience, I dont want to be stuck in a social welfare rut, but then again who does? All I'm doing is trying to better myself!

Does anyone know if Im in a position to appeal to the community welfare officer in regards to the rent allowance? I also have a 9 year old daughter, and if it wasnt with the help of a good friend I would be also paying childcare, then I'd be totally screwed. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement