Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car stolen in Limerick

Options
  • 02-05-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

as above, my p.o.s carina was stolen from outside the house on friday night in castletroy.
    The car wasn't worth a whole pile however there was some valuables inside it, which I would like (but unlikely) to get back.

its reg is 93d23392

can anyone hazard a guess as to where it might pop up? as in places that are known spots for burning out stolen cars?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Well my dads car got stolen years ago it was a 1990 Toyota Sprinter the guards found it in Moyross luckily it wasn't burnt out which seems to be the in thing nowadays.(You haven't said whether you phoned them or not which should be your first protocol because they would know better then anyone.)

The only other place I can think of is Southill but my local pub which is in a okish area there was a jeep burnt out there a while ago so your guess is as good as mine.Sorry to hear what happened and I hope your car is found and you get back your valuables sickner to happen to anyone especially on a bank holiday weekend!.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Too earl for humour? Has Vovloboy been questioned?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

Hi there,

terrible news about your car. Main places nowadays are Corbally, Caherdavin, Moyross and Southill however it is bonfire night (sorry to say) so it really could be anywhere probably used as firewood.

Hope it turns up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

My apologies to hear your plight. It is a horrible ordeal to have a car stolen from you regardless of model/ year etc. Thinking back to the time a friends car was stolen in Caherdavin, Cratloe Woods was a popular spot for stolen cars to meet their end or was at that stage. Not trying to be smart but reckon you should totally discount any possibility of getting any valuables back in one piece if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭niallofthenine

yea, the first thing i done was call te gardaí, they reckon'd that the car would turn up burnt out!
    im only remembering now what was in it, when I realise Im missing things, I remember that I had them in the car.

Ipod
    Watch.
    lots of clothes
    cd player
    memory stick
    expensive jump leads
    some minor tools
    im sure some more stuff will turn up missing
    not to mention that the car had 4 new tyres and a new battery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭niallofthenine

Stekelly wrote: »
    Too earl for humour? Has Vovloboy been questioned?:)

whose volvoboy? i don't get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

whose volvoboy? i don't get it??

As far as I'm aware Volvoboy is a subscriber to this forum who is big into his Toyota Carina's.

If you had any credit cards, bill phones or any thing of that nature in the car do ensure you cancel them ASAP niallofthenine.

I did have another friend who car was stolen in Dooradoyle in the last while come to think of it. It was recovered at a back of a house in Southill by Gardai, in one piece allbeit needing a new doorlock, clutch and headlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

dad had a car robbed a few years back from caherdavin was found in cratloewoods burnt out of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Saw on DTD that the car was found burnt out..Sorry to hear it man. Hope the scumbags get whats comin to them. :mad:

Advertisement