Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well got hacked, dont even know how...

Options
  • 02-05-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So i had mine account active, but i havent played for 2-3months, then i get email i got banned for 3 days... next day icant even log in mine email... :eek:

Now i cant log in to wow...

So nice one, i cant retreve mine password, becouse mine email is gone aswell, i filled in online form, made i pic of mine license, and sended it out. they said it was not enought...

so i gave all mine account details, visa last 4 digits, and pic of mine license and passport last night, still havent heard a thing of them...

does anyone knoe, if they work sundays and looking in to it? as i got reply prety fast last night, even knowing it was around 22:00...

Dont care much of wow account, but i need to cancel sub now. All that icc gear and t10 can go fudge it self at this stage :(

Dont think i got worm or something, as none of mine social accounts were hit... i allready changed passwords and emails on them... looks like its just wow ****ers did it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Mein Fuhrer will surely be displeased.

Sometimes customer service can be a bit slow but they will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Give them a ring on Monday (assuming they're working). If you've skype set-up you can call them for free as waiting times can be up to 15mins, especially on a Monday.

The thread here lists all the numbers.

If you don't get through the first time, keep trying and you'll get through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Sure the orginal email wasnt a fake ?

Sounds like you were scammed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well lads, surprisingly i got all back today, all sorted. customer support is just :" 2 thumbs up" !

Got autohandicater now set with mine iphone, so no more surprises.

Now like i said i havent played for ages, dont know how they got me... thought somehow i have a feeling they did it when all boards.ie was hacked! as idid used same login from email and boards.ie with same passwords... and iwas stupid enought not to change passwords, so from email they got mine wow account i guess... :(

anyway got allmoust everything redirected to new email got security and recovery sorted for it aswell. only thing thats left is steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I just noticed my old yahoo mail account has a ****ing ton of emails claiming to be from blizzard about my account getting banned from Battle.net which is odd seeing as i don't have one lol.

OP you gotten any dodgy emails lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Venom wrote: »
    I just noticed my old yahoo mail account has a ****ing ton of emails claiming to be from blizzard about my account getting banned from Battle.net which is odd seeing as i don't have one lol.

OP you gotten any dodgy emails lately?

I get daily dodgy emails from someone claiming to be wow telling me they are gm's and my account is under investigation for attempting to be sold, that it has been hacked, bla bla bla. If you are really unsure about the email, just hang the mouse cursor over the link and check the address that appears.
    Its usually really obvious that its fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Glad it worked out in the end for you. I know English isn't your native language but it's worth looking up the difference between a possessive adjective (my) and a possessive pronoun (mine).
    so i gave all my account details, visa last 4 digits, and pic of my license and passport last night

In English you might say "That account is mine, not yours".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Glad it worked out in the end for you. I know English isn't your native language but it's worth looking up the difference between a possessive adjective (my) and a possessive pronoun (mine).

In English you might say "That account is mine, not yours".

lol everyone is ripping on me with this "mine" thing :D

anyway, wow sorted, and i got reply from steam only today... they asked me more details... and silence again... nice....

Advertisement