Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Single bedroom in/near Dublin - May 13th to August

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hello all :)

Just posting this because I'm interested in trying to find accommodations for the 13th of May. I say until August, but am still trying to decide whether or not to move to Cork or Galway instead of staying in Dublin - so that's possibly going to change (by the way, anyone have any advice on that decision? lol I'm clueless as to what to do).

I'm currently 21, if that's a question anyone has. I'm trying to acquire an internship somewhere, preferably at one of the museums/libraries in Dublin. It should last a month or two, but I'm still playing the waiting game when it comes to hearing from my choice establishment.

In the meantime, however, I'm mainly looking for a place that's rounding off to about 200euro a month (bills included) and certain internet (since I have a good bit of homework I need to do long-distance with teachers at my home university). Cable isn't a must, but I'm hoping for a washer and dryer. And.... well, a roommate with an xbox360 and fancy for first-person-shooters, but that's of course, not a prerequisite either :P

I've found a few places online for about 130 a month, actually, but it's very hard to get pictures or clarification about some things via email, so I'm going to try calling. I thought it best to try on here also, in case anyone knew of anything available. I've come to the point of even considering 'housekeeping in exchange for residence' or 'babysitting in lieu of rent' ads lol I guess that's indicative of where I am mentally.

Travel requirements only range to my needing someplace in or around Dublin for right now - preferably within 30-40mins or fewer's-worth of bus riding to get to places like the National Library of Ireland, for example. Close proximity to a gym would be a plus too.

So there we go - single room-status, travel distance and internet are the only real must haves with rental price, but I know that still sounds like I'm asking for a lot >,< Like I said, I've found a few fitting the description, but they're rare. :/ So, I hope someone's able to help.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LCFin.yay

Ello!

I have a room available in Maynooth from the 1st of June if that would be any use to you? Easy walking distance from the train station and there are plenty of buses into Dublin.
    Rent would be 35-50 euro a week, so less than 200 a month. There will be internet, it hasn't been sorted yet but it will be as fast as we can get it.

Send me a private message or something if you might be interested?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement