Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing an ex pregnant

Options
  • 02-05-2010 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

Just saw a photo of an ex girlfriend pregnant and it is freeking me out slightly.

It isn't mine, we haven't been together for over 6 years, and I am happily going out with someone else.

I looked at the photo and got quite a bit upset.

She was the only serious girlriend I have ever had before that one I have now (6 years).

Has anyone ever been through anything like this before?

Also, I'm thinking I really shouldn't tell my current grilfriend or my ex how I feel, but what do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

yes, it sucks,

use it as closure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hey y'all,

Just saw a photo of an ex girlfriend pregnant and it is freeking me out slightly.

It isn't mine, we haven't been together for over 6 years, and I am happily going out with someone else.

I looked at the photo and got quite a bit upset.

She was the only serious girlriend I have ever had before that one I have now (6 years).

Has anyone ever been through anything like this before?

Also, I'm thinking I really shouldn't tell my current grilfriend or my ex how I feel, but what do you guys think?

I guess its fonal confirmation nothing will ever happen with her. Even though you're over her your heart is prob still fond of her.

I wouldn't say anything to either of them. I'd be fairly sure this feeling will pass quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

It'll pass.

It just a tug at something which at sometime meant a lot to you so naturally something like this is going to jolt you.

I've had it happen. Just be happy for her. You've moved on and so has she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

my ex had a right go at me when i got pregnant with my partner ...we too hadn't dated for 6 years and i was with my partner for 4 before getting pregnant. he was upset cos he'd somehow always imagined us getting back together and me having HIS baby...and there i was, obviously moved on, happily having another man's baby...

it's probably pretty common to feel this way, i know alot of women feel jealousy and upset when they see thier exes having children.

with regards to my ex, it didn't help that he had not long divorced his wife for having a sneaky abortion behind his back :( so i imagine it was really raw for him.

i dont think you should tell you current gf (or ex for that matter)...it will only achieve upset and jealousy on her part too....nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It will pass my good man. I was a bit shocked and felt like crap when I found out my ex was pregnant... and also later on when I found out she got engaged. I was in a funk for a while but I've come out of it a lot stronger. You're not alone - everyone has been there, and if they haven't then they soon will be.

You'll always have a place in your heart for people you were in love with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I got invited to my ex girlfriends wedding. Which was odd, I didn't go and I have since spoke to her. It can be upsetting but just try and move on. You know?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

very similar position to myself,

broke up with ex nearly 2 years ago, we had been going out for 5 years, i loved her and hated when it finished between us. role on to a few months ago, i hear from a friend that she is pregnant and due this summer. recently saw a pic of her with her "bump" etc....

upset me cause i imagined at one stage it was me who would one day be having a family with her.

like one poster says though, suppose it can be seen as some sort of closure, it really wasn't meant to be between 2 of us, still hard though and not really nice to see

Advertisement