Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mercedes c180

Options
  • 01-05-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

im thinking of purchasing an 98 or 99 c180 mercedes as a runabout car .
    they seem to be a nice car for fairly small money . are they reliable and is there any thing to watch out for when buying.
    any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

My uncle had one, Get one in silver or gold as they look best in them colours. Also avoid the "classic" spec as it is extremely poor with no alloys, minimum wood trim, no leather, no rear elec windows and sometimes no elec windows at all.

I read somwhere that the ECU's pack it in...

Generally I think their nice looking cars. Recently though I have seen a few tastless blinged up examples knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Gearboxes are clunky,get an auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

mondeo wrote: »
    I read somwhere that the ECU's pack it in...

I believe I've read this too at some stage and not to be a scaremonger either but if it happens you may be best of to consider parking it up and leaving it there. Seemingly as per Honestjohn built quality was somewhat suspect on earlier cars but improved later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

mossfort wrote: »
    im thinking of purchasing an 98 or 99 c180 mercedes as a runabout car .
    they seem to be a nice car for fairly small money . are they reliable and is there any thing to watch out for when buying.
    any help appreciated.

Done a good few of them in my time, wiper motors are the biggest problem with u will come up with. they arent the worse.

Advertisement