Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant wooden tables/chairs

Options
  • 01-05-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Whats the name of the restaurant with the wooden tables and chairs ,and big pictures on the walls, its upstairs. I think on the bottom floor of that building there is another place to eat , more modern looking with a white vault roof

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I believe it's the 1592, but I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

The buttery is the restaurant downstairs, think its the 1592 dining hall upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

So the 1592 is the wooden area, and the buttery is the modern white roof place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

there's the buttery underground.
    The very big wooden room with a really high ceiling, lots of paintings and big long tables is the dining hall.
    To the left of the dining hall is the 1592 restaurant.
    To the right of the dining hall is the east dining hall.

mathew wrote: »
    there's the buttery underground.
    The very big wooden room with a really high ceiling, lots of paintings and big long tables is the dining hall.
    To the left of the dining hall is the 1592 restaurant.
    To the right of the dining hall is the east dining hall.

Ah now I see , I was wondering why everyone was allowed in its the dining hall, nice area.
    So the 1592 is the special area for fellows etc to stuff their faces?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Whats the name of the restaurant with the wooden tables and chairs ,and big pictures on the walls, its upstairs. I think on the bottom floor of that building there is another place to eat , more modern looking with a white vault roof

Thats the old dining hall you're talking about. To the right of that is the east dining hall/senior common room (I think) where staff go for lunch. on the opposite side is the 1592 restaurant which is a more upmarket place. I doubt theres any staff that go there every day. Having eaten in there once, it isn't a bad spot at all

For all your catering information needs:
    https://www.tcd.ie/catering

mathew wrote: »
    For all your catering information needs:
    https://www.tcd.ie/catering

Why doesn't it mention the dining hall? (only mentions east dining hall)
    Is the dining hall restricted to a certain group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Why doesn't it mention the dining hall? (only mentions east dining hall)
    Is the dining hall restricted to a certain group?

More specific list here; https://www.tcd.ie/catering/StaffandStudentOutlets/

Craguls wrote: »

Thats what I'm talking about
    it doesn't mention old dining hall.

• Advertisement

it does..
    Student Buffet

Student Buffet is held in the Old Dining Hall in the main Catering Building. This service operates from 12pm to 3pm daily Monday to Friday. Students can choose from a range of hot meals including Student Special or vegetarian which offers an entrée and a choice of vegetables and potato or two salads of their choice at reasonable prices. The buffet also includes a salad bar and offers a made to order sandwich, and filled roll service. The Student Buffet service is closed in the long vacation but we continue to provide a meal service in the Buttery Restaurant out of term time.

Advertisement