Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeded up audio - how to slow it down

Options
  • 01-05-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I've been give recordings of a conference that I have to edit. I have pro tools but I'm new to it. The recordings are speeded up however, presumably to save space.
    Can anyone tell me how to slow them down in pro tools/ itunes or both
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Franner wrote: »
    I've been give recordings of a conference that I have to edit. I have pro tools but I'm new to it. The recordings are speeded up however, presumably to save space.
    Can anyone tell me how to slow them down in pro tools/ itunes or both
    Thanks
    Change the bitrate of the audio to 8bit. I think Pro tools automatically imports it as 24bit which is 4times as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Thanks Deliverance

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Apologies for my ineptititude, but how do I change the bit rate in pro tools :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mikeydb

why are you using pro tools if u have no idea how to use it? The clue is in the name!
    Youre not going to get far with your project if you cant even change the sample rate of your file? I suggest downloading audacity. Its free and a really good editing tool. Its straight forward to use and there are a ton of tutorials on the interweb for it

@deliverance: I think its a latency issue, the sample rate of the audio does not match the project sample rate.It sounds like the audio is 2400khz and the project is 44100khz. Im not familiar with pro tools as i use logic9 so i cant give any information on how to change this

Mikey

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

are you trying to sync it to video ? If you don't really know how to use pro tools an easy way is to just use a piece of soft ware call the amazing slow downer. Should cost you about €20 but will do what you want very simply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Mikeydb wrote: »
    why are you using pro tools if u have no idea how to use it? The clue is in the name!
    Youre not going to get far with your project if you cant even change the sample rate of your file? I suggest downloading audacity. Its free and a really good editing tool. Its straight forward to use and there are a ton of tutorials on the interweb for it

@deliverance: I think its a latency issue, the sample rate of the audio does not match the project sample rate.It sounds like the audio is 2400khz and the project is 44100khz. Im not familiar with pro tools as i use logic9 so i cant give any information on how to change this

Mikey
    True enough, have not used pro tools for a couple of years. But this audio problem was rife at the time. It is an incredibly difficult piece of software to use unless your well used to it. Even the manual does not make any sense in real life usage!

I think you are right about the sample rate / I got bitrate and sample rate mixed up: In this case I think the import dialogue box offers options to change both. But protools being protools this does not always work.

Advertisement