Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deosan products

Options
  • 01-05-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

about 6 weeks ago we switched to using deosan teat dip and cold wash cleaner ,

our scc has dropped from 80 to 28 and our tbc has dropped from 20 to 6.

maybe it is just coincident and i am not recommending or trying to plug the product, just sharing our experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

what where you using before , i have a cell count problem at the min and just when i think i have it sorted it shoots back up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Novartis dip and hydrosan wash up,

have you got a good electrician to check for stray voltage, 6 inches of bonding wire and 2 clamps made a huge difference here a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

snowman707 wrote: »
    about 6 weeks ago we switched to using deosan teat dip and cold wash cleaner ,

our scc has dropped from 80 to 28 and our tbc has dropped from 20 to 6.

maybe it is just coincident and i am not recommending or trying to plug the product, just sharing our experience.

your cell count is 28 as in 28,000 or 280,0000 :eek: :confused:

John_F wrote: »
    your cell count is 28 as in 28,000 or 280,0000 :eek: :confused:

scc 28K (28000)

tbc 6K (6000)

sorry wrote it as it appears on the results sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

scc 28K (28000)

tbc 6K (6000)

sorry wrote it as it appears on the results sheet

ya but wo thats a right low result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

Is it the deosan teatfoam one your using or is it just the summer teatdip with the fly repellant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Novartis dip and hydrosan wash up,

have you got a good electrician to check for stray voltage, 6 inches of bonding wire and 2 clamps made a huge difference here a couple of years ago!
    yup we have those wires in , had an incident a few years ago where our neighbour dug through an esb cable and it sent a current through the ground cows went mad in parlour as we have steel grids under their feet for taking away pooh we didnt know what was happening luckily we didnt loose any ... have those wires in since then:rolleyes:

Pacoa wrote: »
    Is it the deosan teatfoam one your using or is it just the summer teatdip with the fly repellant?

foam .....using it pre and after milking, might try just after from now on, if there is only 1 person in the pit it can be a bit hectic, am pleased with the results though, even if deosan wasn't responsible it is a lot cheaper than what i was using before which originally was the main reason i switched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

foam .....using it pre and after milking, might try just after from now on, if there is only 1 person in the pit it can be a bit hectic, am pleased with the results though, even if deosan wasn't responsible it is a lot cheaper than what i was using before which originally was the main reason i switched

I am using it this year two and find good results pre dip with foam and just use cheap spray after milking
    I would keep pre dipping with foam because it is supposed to stop infection or high scc spreading from one cow to another during milking.
    If I really wanted to cut out one I would cut out after milking or just a quick spray with atomatic sprayer as they are going out.
    Another tip I used to replace the sprayer tops every year as they would get damaged when I would let go of them and the spring coil would pull them back and hop them of the ground wearing the tips
    A few years ago I put a piece of rubber milk pipe around the tips and havent had a problem with them since;)

Advertisement