Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can 3 series bmw alloys fit on 5 series models.?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering can 3 series bmw alloys fit on 5 series models.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think they will, although someone else would have to confirm - you will need a spigot ring to make them fit.
    As far as I know, 3 series wheels can be made fit a 5 series but not vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Depends on the generation of the 5 series. Virtually all BMWs have hub sizes of 72.54 except the e39 (1995-2003'ish 5 series) which has an oddball 74.1mm hub.
    So 3 series wheels will fit directly to all (common 5x120 PCD) 5 series bar the e39 physically, however you still need to ensure the offsets are correct.
    As far as I know, 3 series wheels can be made fit a 5 series but not vice-versa.
    I think you know the answer but posted that backwards! 3series 72.56mm wheels would have to have the wheel bored out to 74.1mm to be made fit an e39.
    E39 5 series 74.1mm wheels could be put on a 3 series with spigot rings making up the difference in bore size (from wheel to car).

I have a nice set of BMW Style 5 e31 wide spec wheels that I cannot fit to our e39 without boring out the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The reason I'm not sure is that a customer wanted aftermarket wheels fitted to an E60 5er - the alloys ordered were mistakenly ordered for a 3er. A set of spigot rings sorted out the whole kerfufel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hotshots

ok, thanks for the help guys. i'll figure something out.

Advertisement