Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 - 06 Hyundai Coupe

Options
  • 01-05-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

My other half is changing her car soon and she's fairly keen on a Hyundai coupe. She's had her Mazda 323f for over 5 years now and it's time for a change.
    She isn't interested in performance, just a nice looking car so the 1.6 coupe seems to fit the bill.
    I reckon a low mileage example show cost around 7-8k for a 06 with the 17" alloy option.

Is there anything else she should consider and what is the general consensus on the Hyundai?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Check for a wet patch in the drivers footwell - windscreen area can develop a leak that drips down on the ecu which can be costly to replace. Handbrake cables can give trouble so make sure it's holding on a hill.
    Apart from that, they're decent cars - just make sure all the electrics work and it has a decent service history. Make sure timing belt has been replaced on time (not sure intervals - it should tell you in vehicle handbook)
    Best of luck with the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

My other half is changing her car soon and she's fairly keen on a Hyundai coupe. She's had her Mazda 323f for over 5 years now and it's time for a change.
    She isn't interested in performance, just a nice looking car so the 1.6 coupe seems to fit the bill.
    I reckon a low mileage example show cost around 7-8k for a 06 with the 17" alloy option.

Is there anything else she should consider and what is the general consensus on the Hyundai?

cheers

There a grand looking car and as you mentioned shes not looking for performance so it would probably be most suitable.

Maybe look at the Gen 7 Celica's (2000 upwards). 2 versions available, the VVTL-i 190bhp and the VVTi 140bhp.
    140bhp would probably be the one to look at in your case.

Really good handling car.

EDIT: (VVTL-i is basically Toyota's version of Honda's V-TEC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Thanks for the feedback folks.
    We did have a look at a few Celicas, but she's not really keen on them. The celica is lovely looking from the front, but the back lets it down.

Interesting one about the wet footwell, must look out for that.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would she consider a Mazda 3 Sport??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also check the electric sunroof on the Coupe, the motor has been known to give trouble on that model. Not cheap to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Mazda 3 sport does not look 'sporty' for her.

Must check the sunroof motor and guides on the coupe too...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they can give a bit of bother with the body control module especially problems with alarm and central locking. As cars go though they're reliable.

Advertisement