Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to look out for in a Hilux

Options
  • 01-05-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi folks!
    I'm on the market looking for a crew cab hilux with low enuff millage and side steps as they look odd without them! around 02-05 model , any thing to look out for ?

And whats the story on vrt if I bring one in from england ? I thought that if it was commerical then the vrt would be 50e? Am I wrong?
    I'm not in a rush so I don't mind waiting for the right one.

So any information on these would be a great help! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Expect a Toyota expert will be along soon about what to look for.

VRT wise I'm not sure it will be €50 as the load bed won't be big enough or GVW over 3500kg, will probably be 13.5% of OMSP. I think the only crewcab that is €50 straight out of the box (ie without the dealer putting solid cart springs on and re-plating it) is a Defender 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look out for underbody rust. especially on UK ones.

VRT 50 quid on a single cab, 13.5% on double cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Watch out for the restrictions on the use of the rear seats of a crew cab, strictly speaking if you're found carrying anyone non work related in the back (ie kids) then you're in trouble. Usual enforcement caveats apply.

Advertisement