Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced entry

Options
  • 01-05-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was just wondering what is the likelihood of getting accepted for advanced entry into the second year of the theoretical physics course. I am from France, sat the Leaving Cert in Ireland in 2009, and was offered a place in the theoretical physics course as i had acheived 510 points. However, due to family circumstances, I had to return to France, where I will soon have completed the first year of a similar course with excellent marks. I have applied for advanced entry into the Trinity course, having gotten more than enough marks in the required English exam they said was necessary. I was just wondering if I have much chance of being accepted?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I was just wondering what is the likelihood of getting accepted for advanced entry into the second year of the theoretical physics course. I am from France, sat the Leaving Cert in Ireland in 2009, and was offered a place in the theoretical physics course as i had acheived 510 points. However, due to family circumstances, I had to return to France, where I will soon have completed the first year of a similar course with excellent marks. I have applied for advanced entry into the Trinity course, having gotten more than enough marks in the required English exam they said was necessary. I was just wondering if I have much chance of being accepted?
    Thanks

On the basis of numbers I say you've a decent chance. A few people tend to leave TP for the Maths degree so there's likely room. On the basis of results I'm not too sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gamma23

have you applied for a transfer already?

send an email to international@tcdsu.org, when the exam period is over you might be able to get some help/extra info on what your chances are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

2 have left already. I know there's people who are definitely leaving and doing something else. There's 1 guy who's definitely changing to maths and I wouldn't be surprised if there's others I don't know about so it won't be a problem with places. I'd say there's a high enough chance that you'll get in with what you've said. If you do, look forward to seeing you!

Advertisement