Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Autodent.ie/thedentman.ie- paintless dent removal?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i just dented my door this morning on a bollard, i felt like throwing up when i did it. I will be checking at least on out come tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I'm interested in this aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Have a look at the link in my sig. :D can of compressed air will do, its says use c02 in the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

me too, nothing but parking dents from stupid women not respecting other peoples property and smacking their doors off my car :mad: and no im not being sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've seen dentman at work, with very impressive results. I've a few dents on my own car to take out - they're the ones I'm gonna be calling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

what kind of money do you think a small dent would cost to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

Autodent is highly recommended. we use him all the time at my place. quite reasonable too!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

+1 for Autodent. Used them twice myself, went to their corner in Dundrum SC carpark, left it with them for a couple of hours and came back to find it as good as new. Was charged €150 to get a palm sized dent removed on the wheel arch and €150 to do several smaller sized dents from the other side of the car. He even buffed out and polished a few scratches I had pointed out to him. Was much better to deal with then the rude and unhelpful bodyshops I had tried to get a quote from beforehand. Check out YouTube for a few before and after videos of their work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

maybe somebody could set up a group buy????

i done it last year for a remapping day so maybe we can get a discount for a few people. ive 2 or 3 tint dints that i'd like removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've had a few done, by different companies to different cars. Just remember that while the dent may be removed you may be left with visible distortion to the metal surface when you look down the flanks. If you are very fussy then don't expect miracles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I've got one of these - https://www.dingking.tv/ from here - http://www.gizoo.co.uk/products/TravelLeisure/Motoring/DingKingRepairKit.htm?SPMC=TGSPPCGFRO722

It cost circa €20 from that site, I've used it a couple of times and its had good results although it depends on the size and location of the dent, if they were in awkward spots ie corner of the wheel arch it was hard to get at but on flat panels its fairly good.

It's worth having even to only play around with for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

kceire wrote: »
    maybe somebody could set up a group buy????

i done it last year for a remapping day so maybe we can get a discount for a few people. ive 2 or 3 tint dints that i'd like removed.

+1
    might be an idea ... Could do with a visit too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

homer90 wrote: »
    +1
    might be an idea ... Could do with a visit too
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hal1 wrote: »
    Have a look at the link in my sig. :D can of compressed air will do, its says use c02 in the vid.

that is frickin genius.
    I've had a huge dent on my car door for yonks cause some ignorant £$%£"$£" reversed into it while it was parked, I'd say that technique should work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I've had a few done, by different companies to different cars. Just remember that while the dent may be removed you may be left with visible distortion to the metal surface when you look down the flanks. If you are very fussy then don't expect miracles.

That's interesting to hear. The dents on my car are very small parking dents and the paint is not broken.

Would a repair job still leave distortion with small dents like these?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Akrasia wrote: »
    that is frickin genius.
    I've had a huge dent on my car door for yonks cause some ignorant £$%£"$£" reversed into it while it was parked, I'd say that technique should work perfectly.

id say it wont work at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I've used services like this a few times because the side flank on my car is shaped so that any little nudge will show. Usually charge me about 50 for a few small ones. Maybe 100 for other bigger ones depending on their location. The results have been faultless. No hint of anything afterwards luckily. It's the dent devil in Cork that I use

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd thoroughally recommend Bob Millist (Dent Master) 087 9455182

He's based in Laois I think but does Dublin, Kildare etc.

Advertisement