Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT

Options
  • 01-05-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Wondering if you can help me. My sister has a 05 car & is under the impression she needs to get an NCT.
    When I checked the NCT website the indication chart shows she doesn't need to get it done until 2011.
    Who's right?
    Basically she wants to change her car & is wondering should she just trade in as it is or get the NCT done & hopefully add a bit of value to the car.
    By the way it's a Nissan Almera.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well, it doesn't need an NCT.

I don't even know if they would allow her to get one, but either way, it's a futile exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I don't even know if they would allow her to get one, but either way, it's a futile exercise.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It was due for an nct lat year on the 4th anniversary of 1st registration.

Wut?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stekelly wrote: »
    It was due for an nct lat year on the 4th anniversary of 1st registration.

Wut?
    graph.jpg

edit: Okay, I must me misunderstanding the graph, thought the x represented when the NCT needed to be done.:o

graph.jpg

edit: Okay, I must me misunderstanding the graph, thought the x represented when the NCT needed to be done.:o

Well that makes too of us so.
    Stupid graph :rolleyes:

So should she take her chances trading in or trying to sell it privately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Hang on, she has a '05, has it ever been NCT'd? The onus is on you to make the booking (i.e. do the organising/make it happen!).
    If it hasn't had one, then it's a year overdue - first one, 4 year anniversary would mean 2009 (the exact month depends on the cars month of first registration).

The subsequent test's would be every 2 years after this, so another due in 2011.

ciarsd wrote: »
    Hang on, she has a '05, has it ever been NCT'd? The onus is on you to make the booking (i.e. do the organising/make it happen!).
    If it hasn't had one, then it's a year overdue - first one, 4 year anniversary would mean 2009 (the exact month depends on the cars month of first registration).

The subsequent test's would be every 2 years after this, so another due in 2011.

No she didn't realise she had to have one done & if you take a look at the graph above it's kinda easy to see how we both got it wrong.

So if she were to trade in/ sell can she do that without having an NCT done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

easyeason3 wrote: »
    No she didn't realise she had to have one done & if you take a look at the graph above it's kinda easy to see how we both got it wrong.

So if she were to trade in/ sell can she do that without having an NCT done?

Ah ok. In that case, she could have it done now. Or try sell/trade without it. It might put off 'some' private buyers. A dealership would use it as grounds for winding the trade in value downward.

ciarsd wrote: »
    Ah ok. In that case, she could have it done now. Or try sell/trade without it. It might put off 'some' private buyers. A dealership would use it as grounds for winding the trade in value downward.

Ok thanks, ill tell her that so.
    She might be as well off as trading in or letting it off for really good money just to save on the hassle of the NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

graph.jpg

They're the years for the retests. She can still get it done. My girlfriends was done over a year later. They backdate the certificate though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement