Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renew learner permit debacle

Options
  • 01-05-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there

I hope somebody can help me with a problem I’ve having with renewing my learner permit (LP). Basically my second LP expired on 07/2005, so I’m *just* within the 5 year window of renewal and will be not be treated as a first time applicant.

I have failed my driving test 4 times and after the 4th attempt (2005) I just felt defeated and fed up so abandoned the whole idea of learning how to drive. However I’ve made it my mission to get my driving license this year.

Now in order to renew my LP I had to show proof of having sat a driving test within the last 2 years. This is not possible as my LP expired nearly 5 years ago. I sent in my proof of having sat driving tests during the valid period of my license but this was not sufficient. The Tax Office say I need to have sat a test in the past 2 years OR submit a letter confirming a test. But I can’t apply for a driving test because I don’t have a valid learner permit!!

There has been much correspondence to and fro the Motor Tax office to the point that I think I’m just going to call to them in person and find out what the situation is. Before I go to the trouble of taking time off work to do so, I’m wondering if an informed member here can shed some light on my predicament.

Your help / advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement