Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart nerves

Options
  • 01-05-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I'm throwing in the final of a dart competition tomorrow and the problem is nerves. Its a teem event and i don't want to let the team down.
    My problem is not as much nerves when throwing but the whole build up to the game.
    Until its my name is called out to throwing i feel physically sick, i worry about letting the team down, throwing bad or, getting hammered by my opponent (loosing bad).
    Although the nerves seem to almost go during the match, its the build up
    that gets me.
    I feel sick from the moment i enter the pub until the moment i play. (Two - three hours of feeling physically sick).
    I'm not a bad dart player and i feel if i can knock the nerves on the head a bit i may throw a little bit better too. Perhaps even enjoy myself.

I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else and, how do you deal with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

just keep telling yourself its only a game. It changes nothing important in your life or the world, no one is gonna die over it, no ones gonna fall out over it and its not gonna effect anyone in any major way other than they win or lose. A game of darts is a game of darts nothing more...

Advertisement