Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mercedes benz vito 110 2001

Options
  • 01-05-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there,
    I'm currently driving an 02 crewcab hilux but i backed into a parked BMW during the year and foolishly claimed on my insurance, (wasnt much damage, door and wing dented lightly and mirror broke but claim from main dealer cost €4500). Long story short I lost a 4 yr no claims discount so quinn are now qouting me €1827 to renew (I'm 25 so thats crazy IMO), cant justify it so I'm in the market for a van. Ive looked into a few types, transit being the most obvious choice tbh but drove a vito the other day and thought it was a great. I've been reading some reviews on the net but dont trust them (mainly negative). I think most of the time people only review if their dissatisfied so wouldnt mind some honest feedback and opinions of your experiences with this van, as close to this year and model as possible would be a help. possitive and negative! Just want to get an honest realistic feel for them.
    Sound!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

they have had a few probs with them, no major probs, few minor elec ones and drive shaft issues. nothing that cant be sorted by somone in the know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Have a 108cdi since 00....love it to bits..All vans have problems by the fact of them just being workhorses....if youre getting one MAKE SURE THE INJECTORS ARE'NT LEAKING...expensive to sort out ,unless you're handy with tools...;)
    Running mine on bio now too....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Are there not big issues with heater plugs snapping off in heads, injectors dying rapidly, brake issues, drive shaft issues, corrosion problems and general not-screwed-together-very-well isms? I ask this cos I think they look very well, but have always been put off buying due to the very bad reviews. I met one guy who raved about his, but theres always one, isnt there. One of our vans died on friday and I have to go out on tuesday and replace it. I have no idea what to get-a Vito would be ideal, but.... looks like another Hiace, and im bored sick of em.

dunsandin wrote: »
    Are there not big issues with heater plugs snapping off in heads, injectors dying rapidly, brake issues, drive shaft issues, corrosion problems and general not-screwed-together-very-well isms? I ask this cos I think they look very well, but have always been put off buying due to the very bad reviews. I met one guy who raved about his, but theres always one, isnt there. One of our vans died on friday and I have to go out on tuesday and replace it. I have no idea what to get-a Vito would be ideal, but.... looks like another Hiace, and im bored sick of em.

ha ha there is a few probs alri, the glow plugs gave trouble on all the early mercs, gotta be carefull alri

Then the big question Mercservice is, would you buy one with your own money?:) Im a tad wary of em.

• Advertisement

Then the big question Mercservice is, would you buy one with your own money?:) Im a tad wary of em.

i'll be honest with ya i had one for a year, and didnt do a thing to it. but it depends on the previous owner and if its been looked after. so to answer your question... yes if i knew the history of it, but id be able to sort any probs myself if they come up so it would be a lot cheaper to put right.

What would you rekon to be the most common fault to look out for Merc, and whats neglected that leads to probs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Avoid the 110, the 108 is a better buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Youre right about the plugs alright, having said that mine went years ago, still starts ok even in the winter, still no plans to change them..:)
    Parts are cheap as chips on ebay....Rust can be a problem but will never kill ya..a tin of rustbullet will sort that..:p..
    Only problem i've had was, it went into limp mode cause i blew off a vacuum pipe when steam cleaning the engine-bay....easy fix..:o

But i cant stress enough about the Injector problem...every van on http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/ has had it.....:(

BTW..dont be put off by the endless problems on there....

What would you rekon to be the most common fault to look out for Merc, and whats neglected that leads to probs?

just get it looked by somone ya trust, like everything else. i wouldnt worry about havin to have a dealer history, try gettin one that has the prob stuff solved already.enough of them out there

• Advertisement

What does putting the 'jectors right run to?

What does putting the 'jectors right run to?

depends on the model, also could spend 1hr or 5hrs getting them out.

Thats not just the vito so, our transit has a buggered injector and the will of God wont extract that sucker, its stuck fast. Think Ill give a vito a miss, I just went down and looked at a 01 transit, front drive, its got 154000 on the clock and no history, but its clean, drives tight and is dirt very cheap. Might take a punt on that. I run 3 vans for work, and with 1 down, i'm snookered for some jobs, and dont like paying much for metal.

Advertisement