Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

D.O.E Testing

Options
  • 01-05-2010 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Maybe it is just me, however does anyone else have an issue with the privatisation of DOE testing.

Seems like these test centres really go out of their way to fail vehicles so they can get the retest fee. Some also offer to fix the problems in their repair area.

Talk about work generating work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what do you mean privatisation of DOE centres ? I thought there was only a limited number of DOE centres - I've only ever been to 3centres...usually get my van DOE'd every August/Sept.

What I find strange is that you can actually use a DOE test to cover 2yrs tax - I get mine tested every year but last year the girl in the tax office told me if I renew my tax before the 12months of the current DOE cert then it can be taxed for another 12months....effectively telling me that the cert is still valid at the time of renewing tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The DoE is stricter than the NCT. If you drive out of a DoE and get stopped by the Gardai/RSA, and they find a fault, the DoE centre is liable. Not so with the NCT.

If your vehicle fails the DoE, then you get a list of the items it fails on. If you disagree with them, argue it out with the tester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I got my Hilux tested Friday. Passed without any problems. Chatting with the tester after, he mentioned that the "E" approval on tires is probably coming in for LGVs soon. Already in for HGVs and it's part of the NCT now.

Anyone have any further info on this?

Advertisement