Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tribute song for Gerry Ryan

Options
  • 01-05-2010 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

This is a tribute to the late and great RTE presenter - Gerry Ryan.
    Sometimes the only way to convey an emotion is to put it in song.
    I wrote this song late last night to express the sadness of such a huge loss but also to remember the happy times.
    Rest in Peace, you will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXKUaaIUbc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

cormacmcg wrote: »
    I wrote this song late last night to express the sadness of such a huge loss but also to remember the happy times.

i just vomited after watchin dat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

i just vomited after watchin dat

That's a bit uncalled for. He wrote a song about someone that he admired, it might not be to your taste but leave him be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

cormacmcg wrote: »

Dont give up the day job,son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

whats the definition of Irony?

A fat man disregarding doctors orders to loose weight, then going on TV and exploiting Fat people who've done the same. If Gerry took some of his own advice and practiced what he preached, who knows, things could have been different. Time spent trying to cling on to his ridiculous wage packet should have been time off relaxing and not getting so caught up in your own media perpetuated legend!! you've a very sad life if Gerry ryan was your biggest idol mate, he admitted himself that he was "like my father" greedy!! Oh but you heard him on the radio every day, so that makes him part of your life!!!! Well dont despair mate, BIG BROTHER starts next week, you can latch onto that and maybe it will bring meaning into your life.

How sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

j1974 wrote: »
    whats the definition of Irony?

A fat man disregarding doctors orders to loose weight, then going on TV and exploiting Fat people who've done the same. If Gerry took some of his own advice and practiced what he preached, who knows, things could have been different. Time spent trying to cling on to his ridiculous wage packet should have been time off relaxing and not getting so caught up in your own media perpetuated legend!! you've a very sad life if Gerry ryan was your biggest idol mate, he admitted himself that he was "like my father" greedy!! Oh but you heard him on the radio every day, so that makes him part of your life!!!! Well dont despair mate, BIG BROTHER starts next week, you can latch onto that and maybe it will bring meaning into your life.

How sad!

It always puzzles me how folks rarely seem to spell this word properly:)

• Advertisement

Barely a murmer about old Gerry these days..i bet he didnt expect to be so soon forgotten.

Crappy songs nothwithstandding...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ah that's really nice:). Lovely voice btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

OP, you've posted that link on four other places on boards. That is frowned upon and is considered spamming. I'm locking this thread.

watna wrote: »
    OP, you've posted that link on four other places on boards. That is frowned upon and is considered spamming. I'm locking this thread.

DONT!!!
    There's further scope for lulz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont give up the day job,son.

Gerry Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

You could keep it for the Eurovision! :(

Do you know the meaning of embarrassment? For god's sake don't give up the day job. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement