Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Insignia - good price?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

Looking to get some input from experienced car buyers here :D

My granddad is looking to change his Opel Vectra (2003 1.8L with 33k miles on clock) to a brand new Insignia diesel. We were in an Opel dealer yesterday and got some figures:

2010 Model S (basic) 2.0 diesel
    €28500 list price
    €5500 with the vectra trade in
    €23000 cash

Model Sci (I think next one up) comes to €24995 iirc with trade in.

We were just testing the waters so no haggling yet and he will be paying cash.

What do people think of these prices? Good, bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I'd go for at least the SC model, we were looking at one of these at the start of the year(then certain people decided that the new Avensis was a better car than the Insignia:eek::rolleyes:) and they are very plain inside and out unless they are in a minimum of SC spec and tbh they really need SE spec to make the most of them or else the SC with the plus pack(proper alloys and fogs).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basically your grandad is getting NOTHING off a new car. :eek:

Buying straight from list :eek:

I was quoted €29,500 for the Elite. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

*Le sigh*

My grandad knows what he wants, he's not going to pay an extra few grand for alloys or whatnot. He is set on the Insignia, so I don't need people's opinions on what he should go for. The basic is enough for him.

How much could he haggle off the 23k list price? Is that a good start price all considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is the price a good price? No

Should you haggle yes?

Should you be asking for advice?

Not if you refuse to listen to good advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Berty wrote: »
    Is the price a good price? No

Should you haggle yes?

Should you be asking for advice?

Not if you refuse to listen to good advice!
    Absolutely!

Go to another dealership would be the next move i would recommend, for that car, considering the trade in i wouldnt be willing to pay much more than 21k€ tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I think 5.5k for the trade in is very generous considering the car we're looking at. I'd say whats happening is the dealership is allowing 3.5k for the trade in, and making up the extra allowance through discount disguised as the trade in value.

I'd definately price up the car and trade in in a few different dealerships.

Advertisement