Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Herb Harvest

Options
  • 01-05-2010 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I planted some coriander and parsley in pots in my sunroom.

They have grown very strong and thick about 6 inches hight. The boxes are small and they are starting to die.

I assume its a lack of space is the reason they are dying.

If I cut them will they grow back or should I just harvest them totally and start again.

Any advice appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

In my opinion, they are rootbound and need to be replanted into larger pots. Though if they are dying, it might be too late.

With herbs like them, you need to plant at intervals so that when one plant goes to seed, you have another younger plant to take it's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

They're annual or biennial, so they die in one to two years anyway. If they're struggling, harvest and reseed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Hoppo2010 wrote: »
    I planted some coriander and parsley in pots in my sunroom.

They have grown very strong and thick about 6 inches hight. The boxes are small and they are starting to die.

I assume its a lack of space is the reason they are dying.

If I cut them will they grow back or should I just harvest them totally and start again.

Any advice appriciated.
    i have both of those outside in large pots, they do very well in a nice sunny position and grow alot healtier, they last longer outside,
    re pot in bigger pots
    and for a week put them outside by day to climatise, bring in in the evenin g and then leave outside altogether, they will do fine, parsley lasts alot of years say five, just keep clipping dont leave it go to seed cut back when you see seed heads

Advertisement