Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E Marking

Options
  • 30-04-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Only realized today that my tyres don't have an E-Marking. With the NCT coming up fast I'm gonna need to decide what to do. On my tyres it says "ONLY U.S.A AND CANADA CODES". Could this mean that they are e rated but, just don't have european codes on it?
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Only realized today that my tyres don't have an E-Marking. With the NCT coming up fast I'm gonna need to decide what to do. On my tyres it says "ONLY U.S.A AND CANADA CODES". Could this mean that they are e rated but, just don't have european codes on it?
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thanks

the tyres have to have the "E" marking on them

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

So annoyed about it! They're about 85%!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

can you put tyres with no e mark on a trailer a small one single axel no brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's an emark? I though tyres needes proper thread and that was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I think I'll go out and have a look at my own tyres on the Volvo and see what markings are on them. This E business has struck abit of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

What's an emark? I though tyres needes proper thread and that was all.

E mark is to say tyre was made in europe and is safe. Some cheap tyres are made in china and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Got my new set from Camskill an hour ago, delivered in less than 24 hours! All their tyres are E-marked guaranteed.

tyres.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Doesn't have to be made in Europe, just has to be approved for European use.

All the windows in your car have the exact same E marks, and have been required to have them since the NCT first came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People have been known to borrow other tyres for the NCT and then go back to unmarked tyres after. Of course this is not good nor responsible behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did you buy them since 2007 because according to this newspaper article the purchase of non E or e marked tyres has been banned since 2007
    http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/motoring/articles/2010/04/21/3996524-tyre-emark-now-a-requirement-for-nct/
    Furthermore, it has been illegal since 2007 to buy or fit non E-marked tyres in Ireland and the established, reputable tyre trade is aware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

A lot of people still don't know about that E marking & some don't understand it & some testers aren't even aware of it or looking for it!

Car went into Fonthill the other week, failed on lights ... even tho it had only 2 tyres with E Marks & the owner didn't even know about that until after the test when someone asked did they fail it on the tyres.

Advertisement