Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW t25 1.6TD turbo issues

Options
  • 30-04-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    I wonder if anybody knows a trusted mechanic in the Dublin or Wicklow, Kildare area.
    Suddenly the Blow Off valve is opening in higher RPMs ...
    Had an old turbo which started leaking oil and at the same time this blow off valve issue started - I thought it had to do with the oil but since the replacement turbo is fitted (and couple of hundred miles later) the issue is still there....

So I am looking for anybody who knows his way around these engines and does a proper job.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

juk11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I wonder if anybody knows a trusted mechanic in the Dublin or Wicklow, Kildare area.
    Had an old turbo which started leaking oil and at the same time this blow off valve issue started - I thought it had to do with the oil but since the replacement turbo is fitted (and couple of hundred miles later) the issue is still there....

So I am looking for anybody who knows his way around these engines and does a proper job.

Thanks

They probably reused the wastegate actuator. Good guide here to the wastegate adjustment.

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Turbo_-_Setting-up_the_Wastegate

• Registered Users Posts: 14 juk11

Hi,
    thanks for your reply ... I'll have a look through that...
    BUT - this blowing off started with the old turbo and the entire turbo was changed (not only parts) - I know it could still mean that the "new" turbo is not properly adjusted but would be a big coincidence...

I am trying to find somebody who could measure the pressure the turbo generates and go from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Get a foot pump and check the actuator .. 0.67bar for the jx engine.

It very common for the diaphragm to rupture or in your case the spring to lose tension.

Add to that the fact that the same turbo is often fitted to many vag vehicles with only the actuator operating pressure changed. The new turbo you got may be from a jetta, vento, golf etc. with only the exhaust housing swapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

juk11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Juk
    Call Ben Burne in Celbridge
    This guys is a VW expert and knows his type2/t25's inside and out
    He has carried out extensive work on my type 2 over the last 6 months and I can honestly say he is knowledgeable and trustworthy
    His mobile is 087 9066109
    Vin

Advertisement