Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's some nice parking

Options
  • 30-04-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

PIc11.jpg
    PIc2.jpg

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/824037-man-ploughs-through-multi-storey-car-park-wall
    Man ploughs through multi-storey car park wall

Squeezing your car into a parking space in the multi-storey is always a tricky affair, but it's fair to say Ralph Hudson made a right pig's ear of this effort.

The 67-year-old somehow got his foot stuck between the brake and accelerator and sped backwards, ploughing through the car park wall.
    Ralph Hudson, Mercedes, car park

His Mercedes shuddered to a halt with its boot and back wheels hanging precariously 21m (70ft) above the ground, sending bricks crashing down, damaging several cars but narrowly missing passers-by.

Fortunately, staff were able to drive the car back inside and Mr Hudson was not injured.

The accident happened in the garage of the Bank of America building in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Mr Hudson got his second lucky escape of the day when police declined to issue him a ticket.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

How has the back of the car got so little damage done to it?? Is it a paper wall??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yeah, the car looks remarkably unscathed. I smell a rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Auto-darts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tipp Man wrote: »
    How has the back of the car got so little damage done to it?? Is it a paper wall??

From the pics the wall actually does look like its made of paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

probably steel strengthening in the wall around level of the top of the boot that stopped the car going all the way back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm calling fake on this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

May possibly be fake but I think it's real.

Was reading about it in the star and supposedly the accelorator got stuck in reverse as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Doyler92 wrote: »
    May possibly be fake but I think it's real.

Was reading about it in the star and supposedly the accelorator got stuck in reverse as far as I remember.

but it's not a toyota? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah i call bs ...doesnt even look like a scratch on the bumper .. that or the walls are pasteboard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The photos are nowhere near enough good quality to see what scratches there might be up close. Has nobody seen how intact a rear bumper can look after being hit at much higher speeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

Let the recall begin
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

draffodx wrote: »
    From the pics the wall actually does look like its made of paper!

Thats a steel framed construction with clad walls and imitation brick cladding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If they had a steel crash barrier like they do in many multi-story car parks here, this photo would never have existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

SV wrote: »
    I'm calling fake on this one..

Must be, it also appeared in the Daily Mail. :p

Advertisement