Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW expensive parts :(

Options
  • 30-04-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

So 3 years ago i had an injector go on an 03 VW Passat TDi,turned out to be an expensive job.

Im now driving an 06 VW Passat 2.0 TDi, new model, English car really high spec etc, great car to drive really like it but now an injector has gone in this one :(

Cost of the part from VW is 900 euro but they do some offer of trade in the old part for a new one for 580 euro, my mechanic says i also need to get the wiring system that connects to injectors replaced another 140 euro for this.
    Now maybe i am wrong but are VW parts seriously expensive compared to other makes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Dump a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel tank with the diesel and that might sort you. VW injectors are known for this. I've had loads of them go down on one injector but a bottle of injector cleaner sorts it most times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Efioanaes

Thanks for that, my real worry is if the others start to give trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Dump a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel tank with the diesel and that might sort you. VW injectors are known for this. I've had loads of them go down on one injector but a bottle of injector cleaner sorts it most times.

Is it worth using injector cleaner? I never had any luck with them. What ones would you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lube5150

Cost of the part from VW is 900 euro but they do some offer of trade in the old part for a new one for 580 euro, my mechanic says i also need to get the wiring system that connects to injectors replaced another 140 euro for this.
    Now maybe i am wrong but are VW parts seriously expensive compared to other makes?[/QUOTE]
    I have come across this problem many times,,what is happening is that bosh the makers of elctronic injectors,,are now using companys in aisa to make their products and the just dont last,,,the injectors of olden days had only one moving part(a big spring) and they would the life of the car,now your mordern injector is electronicly controled and has a selonid and little rods and a whole host of other goodies in side it,,,and it is mostly heat from the engine that causes them to fail,,,the wires that connect to the top of the injector normaly crack from the heat aswell,,but any good mechanic could replace them with new wires....these are not cheap to replace...i bought injectors for a merc,last year,for €275 each,,,from bradshaws in newbridge,,,might be worth a try,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

VW is no longer Wagen fuer Volk. Expensive, low quality, ugly looking piece of junk. Disgrace! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Find a motor factor/auto electrician with access to Bosch products, most will have. You get the same part for less than the VAG stealer. Diesel repair shops also deal mainly with Bosch UK.

Bosch Ireland (Origo) logistics are a joke, they would be a last resort IMHO, better to order from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

pcardin wrote: »
    VW is no longer Wagen fuer Volk. Expensive, low quality, ugly looking piece of junk. Disgrace! :mad:

Totally agree, I have been in a family brought up almost exclusivly with VW since the late 50ies, My old man had one of the first Beetles imported into the country, then variants, type 2 campers and later Golfs, (currently drives a MK3).

Since Volkswagen have gone watercooled and started fitting computers into their cars they have gone down the toilet completly and are producing pure sh*te. Thankfully the only VW that I will ever own is a 58 type 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/index.asp

They might be worth a try, we get alot of parts from the Clondalkin shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Neuro Energetic Kinesiology

No way injector costs that much...PM your chassis number, will get you better price:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Saab Ed wrote: »

Any particular brand or type?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

No way injector costs that much...PM your chassis number, will get you better price:)

They cost that allrite just got two today for wifes 07 2.0 tdi with the wiring loom as well. Joys of motoring..

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Advertisement