Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re an Addon?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Hoping someone might be able to help recommend an addon? I recently just started playing on my DK that I parked almost straight away after hitting 80. So I've been running a few dungeons / heroics (as it'll let me queue with my crap gear! :o) but I keep having to alt-tab out to check tactics etc for various bosses. Is there any addon that gives a couple of quick points to watch out for for each of the bosses (ideally maybe for the 10 mans as well)?

I tried to have a look on Curse but nothing really seems to match this. Things like Boss Tactics have you write down the tactics yourself etc. Deadly Boss Mods is just warnings etc. For example, for Devourier of Souls, it would tell you "stop attacking when he cast mirror of souls" etc etc. Just a pain trying to learn all the various bosses now cos I never ran any of the 80 dungeons before.... :(

Cheers
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Like an in-game WoW Wiki? I've never seen/heard of an addon that has a rundown of boss tactics for Heroics, unfortunately. I'm guessing it's either (a) settle for DBM warnings, and grow to recognise what each boss ability does, or (b) copy-paste the tactics from WoW Wiki (or whatever site you use for tactics) into an addon such as NotesUNeed or that Boss Tactics one you mentioned, then have a read through as you wish.

Although, the game has reached a point where boss tactics are pretty redundant (although, I'm not suggesting that you don't read them) since the 3.0 dungeon bosses go down in a matter of seconds, so their abilities are rarely used :P

Although, if you can live with regularly checking WoW Wiki, you could play in Windowed Mode - I've been doing that for the past few months, and it works reasonably well for me (particularly for a quick re-check on stuff just before a raid boss encounter that I'm unfamiliar with)

Advertisement