Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving countries

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone considering it?

We could all move to the same country and rule it like kings! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

What would the benefits be in moving country?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Is it just a one off thing or whats the story? Actually hang on ive million and one questions so i will just go and read up on BR!

You considering it orizio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

I was considering it. But then I saw talk of how much it would cost you financially in the clubrooms. Kind of freaked me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

As far as I know they changed it so it doesn't cost anything.

The only 'costs' now might be if your in a league with bots (much more likely in a new nation) you will have low enough member contentment from playing wnwim a lot, leaving to an emptier stadium and money loss. Also loss of IGT from playing weaker teams more.

Saying that if you really wanted a move than those costs shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

crisco10 wrote: »
    I was considering it. But then I saw talk of how much it would cost you financially in the clubrooms. Kind of freaked me out.

It doesn't cost anything.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    It doesn't cost anything.

:o

What I read on one of the club rooms was that, your stadium got reset to 5000 as well as a few other little resets that ultimately cost you. Can't find where it was written so shall say I imagined it.

:o

What I read on one of the club rooms was that, your stadium got reset to 5000 as well as a few other little resets that ultimately cost you. Can't find where it was written so shall say I imagined it.

That was what was originally proposed, but it was changed to no charges or resets

mar-z wrote: »
    That was what was originally proposed, but it was changed to no charges or resets

Nice to know I'm not going mad. :D

So anybody fancying it? It kind of feels like cheating to me....Don't know why.

As I said, all the ie boards members could simply bugger off to Chile or somwhere and rule the roost...:pac:

As I said, all the ie boards members could simply bugger off to Chile or somwhere and rule the roost...:pac:

Get Div 2 or whatever prize funds!could be tempting. The problem would be trying to find the most obscure country. Obviously we wouldn't be the only people thinking this. And annoyingly, matches could be on at very odd times!

• Advertisement

Time zone doesn't bother me. Quite a few European countries anyway.

Here are the new countries:

Portugal
    Uruguay
    Spain
    Georgia
    Russia
    Czech Republic
    Namibia
    Chile
    Korea
    Brazil

Depending on how things finish this season, I may move.

Time zone doesn't bother me. Quite a few European countries anyway.

Here are the new countries:

Portugal
    Uruguay
    Spain
    Georgia
    Russia
    Czech Republic
    Namibia
    Chile
    Korea
    Brazil

Depending on how things finish this season, I may move.

when do we have to let him know we want to move? and how do we go about it?

Still don't how interested I am. The local aspect of it adds a lot. And its nice to have the ultimate goal of giving a player to the Irish team.

Is it an unclimbable mountain in Ireland though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Can't say I see the point in moving to a different country. At least in Ireland it's competitive, a new country would just be like Div4 all over again.

You'll still be competing on the same playing field when it comes to the transfer market etc, so I don't see us creating a great national team or anything.

It is a bit attractive, the whole "ruling the roost" aspect, but I think we have a good thing going on here, I'd rather we keep working towards improving the boards community in Ireland. If someone actually thought they had the time to manage a national squad, we could easily block vote and make it happen... it's not really a smaller task in a weaker country.

when do we have to let him know we want to move? and how do we go about it?

Still don't how interested I am. The local aspect of it adds a lot. And its nice to have the ultimate goal of giving a player to the Irish team.

Getting out of Div. 3 is a balls frankly, and I've tried with two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

definitely not. when i started playing BR i was easily being smashed by the big teams by 100 points or more. The gap is now only 50 points (yes i know only). Each season we're all moving a little closer and closing the gap. Got to remember, most of the other teams have been there since day 1. You cant expect to be competitive straight away.

and i like that so many leagues from div 3 upwards are so tough to crack, makes you feel you achieved something when you do finally break it rather than playing a crappy bot every week.

Getting out of Div. 3 is a balls frankly, and I've tried with two teams.

I dunno, some boards members are topping their Div. 3 leagues, all it takes is a good enough season to get into the auto-promote, or a strong enough team to win through the qualifying match. It takes time, but it's doable. I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond than a whale in a tea cup.

No intention of moving to be honest. I like the challenge of trying to get nearer the top. While it may be more fun in some ways to be challenging higher it would take something away from it for me. Then again I have no problem with thinking it may be another 3-4 seasons at least before I'm in a position to be thinking div 2. I'm enjoying the challenge although I can see why it can get frustrating for people who can't see the gap closing.

I also love the fact I've managed to sneak to the top of my regions rankings, which wouldn't be the same if it was not my actual region. :)

Although if some boardsies do move I will enjoy challenging for the newly international competition that is the boards cup!

mar-z wrote: »

I also love the fact I've managed to sneak to the top of my regions rankings, which wouldn't be the same if it was not my actual region. :)

So my old nemesis remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I can understand why there seems to be an English exodus to Georgia, some of the teams although division 4 are easily Division 2 Irish standard - if I were in the same boat I would probably have my br plane tickets bought and family moved

Advertisement