Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch Replacement MKIV Golf GTI

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

I need to change the clutch in my 1999 Golf GTI.Do I also need to replace the flywheel?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Moanin wrote: »
    I need to change the clutch in my 1999 Golf GTI.Do I also need to replace the flywheel?

Thanks

Its recommended to do so afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lube5150

Thanks

When you have removed the clutch and pressure plate,,,check the fly wheel for cracks,,if there are long cracks(mabey an inch or so)or hot spots(these will show up as dark burnt marks on the clutch face of the fly wheel)....then you should replace it...if not,just a rub of coarse sand paper and off you go...the germans make good quality parts...and i doubt very much you would have to replace it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I thought it was only for cars with DMFs that both needed to be changed(and even then some say you don't need to do the flywheel on these either)?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

Thanks
    no your car doesnt have a duel mass flywheel, just throw a 3pc kit in and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

no your car doesnt have a duel mass flywheel, just throw a 3pc kit in and away you go

Thanks that's waht I was thinking

• Advertisement
Advertisement