Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Interactive Entertainment Technology

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just got accepted into the above course and wondering has anyone here completed this course or are presently in the course. Delighted I got in as my primary Degree is Civil Engineering.

Any idea of what job prospects are as I suppose the gaming industry in Ireland isn't huge.

Thanks

Cherrytaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

cherrytaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just got accepted into the above course and wondering has anyone here completed this course or are presently in the course. Delighted I got in as my primary Degree is Civil Engineering.

Any idea of what job prospects are as I suppose the gaming industry in Ireland isn't huge.

Thanks

Cherrytaz

Well done, it's a very good course but with a lot of coursework. There's always something to do. I might see you there if things go that way...

On the jobs front I have a friend who completed the course last year. He's now working for a film graphics company in London, got the job straight after he finished. But he said jobs aren't plentiful in the games industry in Ireland and some of the guys were still looking 6 months after with a good few working in non-course related software jobs. Havok sponsor the course and he said they have the pick of the best from it. They only hired 1 person last year, and he was a genius apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm interested in this course also.

Just wondering what is it like programming wise, is it all c++, or a mixture of c++, c# and java? I hear they do xna projects in it??

Advertisement