Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange DoE and tax question

Options
  • 30-04-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I own and drive a commercial goods van. The DoE certificate and tax are up at the end of this month (April), but I have not yet arranged another DoE test - been away on holiday.

However, yesterday in the post arrived a DoE certificate and a tax disc for the coming year (€288). Nothing else in the envelope. The details are all correct - my name on the documents and correct registration numbers on the documents. The van was apparently tested in Laois last week, I live in Kilkenny. My father had the van while I was away and is as confused as me, he didn't do anything with it.

So what to do? Originally I though great, someone's cocked up (don't know how, I think several people must have cocked up), but I was talking to a Garda friend last night, the only thing he could think of was that the van might be cloned. Still doesn't make much sense as I have got the new DoE and tax, not the cloner.

Anyone any suggestions?

Advertisement