Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD Philips Wake-up Light with Radio and Energy Efficient Light 69,95 €

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Philips Wake-up Light with Radio and Energy Efficient Light « Back

• Brand: Philips
    • Type: Wake-up Light HF3480
    • Price: € 69,95
    4555_CO_hi_1272553301.jpg

It's for sale again tonight. The newest model this time. There's been trouble about the faulty batch they sold last time. More here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Just thought I'd add that I've just now taken the one I bought out of its box, the HF3475, just to check if it was working seeing as I have a chance to buy the newer model now... Damn it's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I'll just be using it as a lamp and it's pretty big but it gets BRIGHT.

The snooze button looks discreet yet easy to hit first thing in the morning and the display is simple and stylish.

First impressions are great, and it works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Philips Wake-up Light with Radio and Energy Efficient Light
    Brand: Philips
    Type: Wake-up Light HF3480
    Wake up pleasantly and natural with increasing light and sound
    Energy efficient light – uses up to 24% less than a regular Wake-up Light
    Adjustable light intensity up to 300 lux
    Digital Fm Radio
    Four natural wake-up sounds like tweeting birds, African jungle and chimes in the wind
    Sleep timer: decide how long you want to leave the light on before you go to sleep
    Snooze function: postpone your waking up for up to 9 minutes

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/17913/Philips_Wake-up_Light_with_Radio_and_Energy_Efficient_Light/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The tried selling these earlier this month, but got a lot of complaints/returns.
    I bought one, it was dead-on-arrival, the lamp didn't work.
    Cost me €34 to send it back to iBood in the Netherlands, they finally gave me a refund yesterday. ( of the original price and shipping ).

They are supposed to refund me the return shipping of €34, but it hasn't appeared on my online credit card statement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Agonist wrote: »
    It's for sale again tonight. The newest model this time. There's been trouble about the faulty batch they sold last time. More here.

Can't decide whether to get it or not now after hearing what happened with the previous models. It is a newer model though so that a bit reassuring. Any idea what they difference is between the previous HF3475 and the HF3480?

edit: Actually after reading how ibood really screwed people over the last time and from what people are saying about the reliability of the light here I'm going to give this a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I have one of these. It's good but i find that the dimmer light buzzes as it comes on in the morning. That's usually what wakes me and not the actual light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Lots of very bad user experiences with this supposedly newer version too on Amazon and other sites.
    Lamps dying after a short while or buzzing noises when lamp is supposed to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

The tried selling these earlier this month, but got a lot of complaints/returns.
    I bought one, it was dead-on-arrival, the lamp didn't work.
    Cost me €34 to send it back to iBood in the Netherlands, they finally gave me a refund yesterday. ( of the original price and shipping ).

They are supposed to refund me the return shipping of €34, but it hasn't appeared on my online credit card statement yet.

I had the exact same problem, they must've had a dodgy batch or something. It's ridiculous that they'd even try selling them. I've bought from iBood before, but I'd think long and hard about doing so again after this debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

they'v had this one repeated for a while now

Advertisement