Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Dilemma

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I took the test/interview for the Garda Reserve in Cork about a month or so ago and was informed that I passed them. I was also offered a place on a course in wanted to do up Dublin direction so now am in a bit of a pickle.

Is it possible to 'defer' or wait until September when I know exactly what I'm doing before I go any further? Or if I leave it go now will I simply have to go through the whole process again? Also, if I passed the interview in Cork does that mean that I can only be stationed there or could I still be a reserve wherever I happen to be staying next year?

Hope ye can help...

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

You'll be waiting a while for your background checks to come back, and then you have your medical, so loads of time yet. You get your training station on phase 1, so if you're in Dublin at that time, tell them and they'll try to accomodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

When I got the letter telling my I was 'successfull in the interveiw process', ect, ect they said to download a certain form from the publicjobs site and take it to a Garda Station for signing or something. Now I can't find the blood letter!

Could anybody tell me what the form was or provide a link to it if possible??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

It's the background checks form, 13 pages total.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

klong wrote: »
    You'll be waiting a while for your background checks to come back, and then you have your medical, so loads of time yet. You get your training station on phase 1, so if you're in Dublin at that time, tell them and they'll try to accomodate you.

u have plenty of time my good man,

the powers that be are very accomodating,

i know of donegal folk stationed on drogheda and limerick folk stationed in dublin due to college commitment. youll be fine! best of luck with the process and remember, patience is a virtue

• Advertisement
Advertisement