Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

going from 307 to 407

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

ok i have a 307 1.4 hdi. i dont find it fierce slugish. i do notice that going up a certain hill it will take away from the equivialnt 1.4 petrol because your going up in 3rd at about 2000rpm with good torque at that point.

anyway im getting about 46mpg. low enough i thought. but what is catching me is that is prbably doing about 15 miles a week pulling a small trailer with a ride on lawnmower in it. also every road around here includes a hill. going to college im going up 3 very steep hills and the smae coming back.

looking at a 407 2.0 hdi at the moment. i read a review and it stated they were getting 36mpg. i thought that was very poor. what should i be getting if i was getting 46 in the other. that is my biggest concern. also would there be a good bit more power. its double the bhp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The 2.0 hdi 407's have plenty of power but mpg can vary from 36-45 mpg
    (average 39-40mpg)
    The main thing to look out for is slipping clutch's/Dmf's,Lower balljoints and the odd egr valve problem.
    Other than that if your getting one with 100-130,000mls on the clock then double check and see if its had a new dpf fitted+eloys topup....:)
    Some good info on here... www.407owners.com/forums
    With all car forums....members post there car problems looking for advice and not so often there good experiences...:rolleyes:
    Best of luck with your purchase....;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Row wrote: »
    The 2.0 hdi 407's have plenty of power but mpg can vary from 36-45 mpg
    (average 39-40mpg)
    The main thing to look out for is slipping clutch's/Dmf's,Lower balljoints and the odd egr valve problem.
    Other than that if your getting one with 100-130,000mls on the clock then double check and see if its had a new dpf fitted+eloys topup....:)
    Some good info on here... www.407owners.com/forums
    With all car forums....members post there car problems looking for advice and not so often there good experiences...:rolleyes:
    Best of luck with your purchase....;)

only just looking at this stage. between that and an audi a4 tdi but your going back the years and they still arnt as nice inside as the 407. the only thing i dont like about the inside of this is that it has rotten white behind the spped and fuel dials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

only just looking at this stage. between that and an audi a4 tdi but your going back the years and they still arnt as nice inside as the 407. the only thing i dont like about the inside of this is that it has rotten white behind the spped and fuel dials

The u.k. imports only have the white dials....I actually like them myself...:)
    Also with the u.k. spec 407's they come with a Thatcham alarm as standard on the se models.

Advertisement