Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M3 scam or legit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Rather than guessing, why not ring them and find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

It is very cheap and its probably a uk import which means it could be crashed, but theres a high chance with m3's that they have been so just be careful. The reason for the 2 photo locations is that their showing the 2 different sets of wheels other than that the photos don't seem all that dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Idbatterim wrote: »
    scam or legit?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/MANUAL-E/201017197755437/advert?channel=CARS

the photos don't look consistent to me...

photos all look ok... proper mobile number... seems on the level,

but as anan1 said ring and find out....

different wheels are explained clearly in description....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If it seems to good to be true it probably is! if it were in Dublin, Id be out to view it like a shot, and get it checked by chelmsford & AC! I would be covering my ass as much as possible with a car like that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

what doesnt look right op?

that car has been for sale for a few months now, slowly dropping in price. the only thing wrong with it is the wheels, but at that price i could budget for a set of OEM 19" wheels or a set of CSL wheels for it.
    It is very cheap and its probably a uk import which means it could be crashed, but theres a high chance with m3's that they have been so just be careful. The reason for the 2 photo locations is that their showing the 2 different sets of wheels other than that the photos don't seem all that dodgy

alot of irish cars are crashed too, so whether its an irish car, a UK car or a NI car, you need to do your proper checks on any M3 when buying.

car looks very well, and is a bargain if its genuine and straight.

• Advertisement

kceire, after rereading the ad, the wheels issue is clarified. so that was my bad. I do agree though IF it is genuine & straight it is a bargain! the other 2000 m3's are up for 15k! I was thinking of buying a 03 last year for 23k which was from a dealer and the cheapest on carzone! there is now an 03 on carzone for 15k! thank god i didnt buy, i know there will be depreciation, but thats huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

that's been up for ages, was around the 13k mark a while back..they just wanna shift it I'd say
    it is genuine though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bloody hell. That's some bargain for the new owner. The other side of the coin is that the current owner is possibly in a very difficult situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Yeah I've been looking at that car for the last couple of weeks and trying to find a way of coming up with 10k.. :)

Was posted on a bimmer forum a couple weeks ago and most people thought it was probably legit. Only one way to find out though.

pity its not closer to Dublin, Mayo would be a hell of a drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

pity its not closer to Dublin, Mayo would be a hell of a drive!

But a fun one!! A lot of car for the money but forking out a fifth of the sale price in tax fir a year is a bitch and the percentage will increase each year you own it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Homer wrote: »
    But a fun one!! A lot of car for the money but forking out a fifth of the sale price in tax fir a year is a bitch and the percentage will increase each year you own it!!!!

It's only a fifth of the sale price because the sale price is so incredibly low.. same goes for the percentage.

Besides, you can't have all those pros without a few cons (that wasn't intended as a pun on the thread title!). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Vertakill wrote: »
    Yeah I've been looking at that car for the last couple of weeks and trying to find a way of coming up with 10k.. :)

Was posted on a bimmer forum a couple weeks ago and most people thought it was probably legit. Only one way to find out though.

Not being a smart ar5e here but it's more than the initial 10k you'll be needing.

If you struggle to come up with the purchase price alone then a machine like that with all its associated inherent costs is not for you imo. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire, after rereading the ad, the wheels issue is clarified. so that was my bad. I do agree though IF it is genuine & straight it is a bargain! the other 2000 m3's are up for 15k! I was thinking of buying a 03 last year for 23k which was from a dealer and the cheapest on carzone! there is now an 03 on carzone for 15k! thank god i didnt buy, i know there will be depreciation, but thats huge!

yeah it seems genuine, the M3's are dropping big time, 3 years ago i had a deposit on a 2001 pheonix yellow priced at 35k, how lucky am i that i didnt buy it!!!!

i think its worth a viewing, maybe ask the seller to meet you half way and you'll cover a few bob fuel costs for him or its only €10 one way on the train to Mayo, could be a nice day out and if you like you put a deposit on it. do all your online checks and dealer checks from dublin then if everything checks out, go down and view!

its got me thinking if he would take an S3 as trade now :D

If that beauty has been reduced time and time again, how much do you reckon you could get off an 01,02 or 03 m3 if bought from a dealer in Dublin?

Would it be an insult to offer 10k? If everything is legit, Id nearly feel bad!

sorry i meant to say less than 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

sorry i meant to say less than 10k?

He'd prob give your a hundred or two off for the petrol getting back to dublin :pac:

Advertisement