Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

drivers licence application forms.

Options
  • 29-04-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

what website can i download the forms from, as the local garda station is out of them and i'd like to get my licence tomorow if at all possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

s-cogan wrote: »
    what website can i download the forms from, as the local garda station is out of them and i'd like to get my licence tomorow if at all possible

"You can obtain a copy of application form D.401 from your local Motor Taxation Office. It is not available to download online."

<from www.citizensinformation.ie

Go to your local motor tax office and get the form there.

In regards to you wanting your license tomorrow i believe it takes at least a week or more to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It can't be downloaded as it has an adhesive part on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

thanks lads.
    but as regards the processeing times i got my learner permit straight away when i went in with the forms and certs and photos, i assumed it was the same with the full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

thanks lads.
    but as regards the processeing times i got my learner permit straight away when i went in with the forms and certs and photos, i assumed it was the same with the full licence

Straight away??? As in they printed it out and laminated there and then!!! U must live near the most efficient motor tax office in the country.

I'm guessing you just passed your test OP thats why your in a hurry to join the pink slip brigade! congrats and safe motoring:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

ya was in the queue for about 5 minutes, and waiting to print maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

ya passed it wednesday, delighted so i am.
    thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

thanks lads.
    Some MTO's operate an instant over the counter service but the vast majority insist on posting the licence to the address provided. (AFAIK to reduce the possibility of fraud, they are not supposed to hand out licences in person).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Some MTO's operate an instant over the counter service but the vast majority insist on posting the licence to the address provided. (AFAIK to reduce the possibility of fraud, they are not supposed to hand out licences in person).

The MTO in Cork appears to be the main one that hands them over staight away as I've had several friends from Cork express surprise that you had to wait for you licence. I know the ones in Tipp [North and South] have signs up saying they won't give them out on the same day so don't ask. Not sure if all of them will do it but I had proof of travel [plane tickets] right after passing my test and said I needed my full licence for the trip so KK MTO gave me mine straight away.

Advertisement